National Geographic’s Gender Revolution doc, Britain’s Next Trans Model, Evan Rachel Wood saved by bi visibility and more: the biggest international LGBT news in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Most Americans don’t want ‘Religious Freedom’ laws. Research from the Public Religion Research Institute found that 60% of people were against businesses being able to turn customers away on religious grounds. (Pink News)
- Britain’s Next Top Model have first trans model. Twenty-two year old Talulah-Eve Brown is the first trans model to compete on BNTM. Brown currently holds the title of Miss Transgender, Birmingham and is a trans rights campaigner. (Daily Mail)
- Gay porn star Ibrahim Moreno was strip searched at an airport for having a Muslim name. The French-Cuban performer had travelled to Israel for work when he was strip searched because of his Arab name. “I could only cry of the impotence and the rage,” Moreno said. (GSN)
- National Geographic release a trailer for their documentary, “Gender Revolution”. Gender used to be simple, “but that was then and this is now,” the trailer explains. Watch the trailer for the two hour documentary below as well as an excerpt video explaining gender expression and gender identity. (Huffington Post)
- Westworld star Evan Rachel Wood says that bi visibility saved her life. Wood grew up as a tomboy, realising her sexuality when she hit puberty. “It was something so simple, yet so terrifying. I thought women were beautiful and I realised I had always thought women were beautiful,” she said. “Visibility [of bisexual people] creates hope.” (GSN)
- Billy Eichner says that Mike Pence is a closeted gay man. “Pence is a closeted gay man who turned his self loathing into a political agenda 2 [sic] punish the part of himself he hates most,” Eichner tweeted. (Queerty)
Pence is a closeted gay man who turned his self loathing into a political agenda 2 punish the part of himself he hates most. Enjoy the game!
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) February 5, 2017
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.