RuPaul’s Drag Race Spin-offs, Brattavio abused by gays, ‘Shoes’ turns 10 and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Detox and Alyssa Edwards will star in new RuPaul’s Drag Race online spin-offs. The Haus of Edwards and Detox’s Life Rehab will feature the All Stars 2 queens giving a look into Alyssa’s dance studio and weekly life-hacks respectively. (GSN)
- X-Factor’s Brattavio have suffered abuse from the LGBT community. They told The Showbiz Show that gay guys call them “a disgrace to the community.” “I’d say the amount of abuse I’ve got after the show, it’s been off gay people in clubs and that.” Bradley said. (Pink News)
- A trans woman was stoned to death in Brazil. In an attack at dawn in Brazil’s São Paulo state an unidentified trans woman was stoned to death by thugs. The woman was, according to authorities, offering sexual services on a street corner. (GSN)
- These shoes rule! These shoes suck! The Youtube viral sensation ‘Shoes’ turns 10 years old this week. For those who missed it, Liam Kyle Sullivan plays a set of twins in the video. One is a preppy good boy, and the other, Kelly, is a rebel who is obsessed with shoes! (Youtube)
- A BBC Two gay drama will premiere at the London LGBT Film Festival in March. Against the Law, a drama set in the 1950s, shows the trial of Lord Mantagu who was charged for gay sex offences. The film will be screened on BBC Two later in the year. (Attitude)
- A teacher in North Carolina was suspended for showing an LGBT anti-bullying video. Kimberly Fernetti played the short film Love Is All You Need for her class and drew the ire of several parents who reported her to the superintendent. (Queerty)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.