In today’s Cuppán Gay: the Queen tried to play cupid for Paul Burrell, Boston parade organisers backdown on gay veteran group ban, a gay Ugandan who failed to “prove” his homosexuality may be deported…all this and more!
- Paul Burrell, recently ‘out’ former butler to Princess Diana, told the UK’s Sunday Mirror that at one stage Queen Elizabeth advised him to marry one of the “lovely girls” around the palace. (Radar Online)
- A gay Ugandan asylum seeker is facing deportation from the UK after Home Office officials decided he had failed to sufficiently “prove” his sexuality (The Independent UK)
- Organisers of Boston’s St Patrick’s Day parade have reversed a decision to prohibit a group of gay veterans from marching in this year’s event. (The Guardian)
- The “father” of gay conversion therapy, Dr Joseph Nicolosi, dies at the age of 70, from complications related to ‘flu and Twitter is stoked. (Daily Dot)
- Singapore’s Anglican Bishop, Rennis Ponniah, issued a statement at the weekend warning congregants about the “homosexual content” in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. “Parents are therefore strongly advised to provide guidance to their children about this re-make of Beauty & the Beast, and indeed to their children’s entertainment choices in a rapidly changing age.” (Yahoo News)